Master program: 60 ECTS
Master of Science
End of August
April 1 for non-EU/EEA,
July 1 for EU/EEA
August 1 for Dutch students with a Dutch diploma
EU / EEA citizens:
€ 2,060 p / yr
Non-EU / EEA citizens:
€ 14,500 p / yr
MSc Global Management of Social Issues
The new Master’s program in Global Management of Social Issues combines human resource studies, organization studies, and sociology to address complex societal challenges from a multidisciplinary and multilevel perspective.
The Master’s GMSI core theme is Sustainable Development, with a particular focus on understanding and triggering social and economic drivers of Sustainable Development at multiple levels. The program provides you with the organizational and managerial tools to help organizations deal with global societal challenges, in a way that appreciates their interconnectedness, multidisciplinarity and multi-focality.
Why the Master Global Management of Social Issues?
- Approach complex societal challenges in an international context, such as poverty, migration, climate change, or humanitarian interventions after a natural disaster.
- Learn how to run projects and compose teams of experts that work on such 'wicked problems'.
- Think beyond the limits of one specialization by combining human resource studies, organization studies, and sociology.
- These skills are in great demand by different companies, departments and projects in international environments and organizations.
|Politics, Policy and Societal Development (main discipline: Sociology)|
|Organizing for Global Social Challenges (main discipline: Organization Studies)|
|People management for Global Social Challenges (main discipline: HRS)|
- You could work for example as a consultant or human resource manager in an international organization, connecting people in order to create the most competent team to solve complex problems.
- Or you could work as a fundraiser and help find a solution for poverty, or help introduce sustainable practices in supply chains.
- As a project manager, you can make sure that projects run smoothly and produce the best possible results.